12 Jul 2013
SingHealth Duke-NUS Education Conference 2013 (15 - 17 August)
The SingHealth Duke-NUS Education Conference, held in conjunction with the 3rd Education Simulation Conference 2013, brings together inter-professional healthcare educators and aspiring teaching Residents in quality learning to enhance teaching competencies, catalyzing collaborations to improve patient care.
Jointly organized by the Academic Medicine Education Institute (AM•EI) and SingHealth Residency, the Conference features a comprehensive faculty development program for both healthcare educators and Residents, with a line-up of distinguished international and local speakers.
“Patient Safety in 2013: What the Past Decade Has Taught Us About Culture, Collaboration and Change”
Dr Robert M. Wachter
MD Professor and Associate Chairman, Department of Medicine, University of California
Conference highlights include
- Assessment Needs for Faculty
- Strategies to Improve Feedback
- Pedagogy Workshop
- Advancing your Academic Career as a Clinical Educator: Creating an Education Portfolio
- Setting the Stage for Inter-Professional Education
- Simulation Workshops
- Bridging the Gap: Effective Handovers for Safe Care
- An Interactive CPC Session with Case Disscussions
- 'Mock' Oral and Poster Presentation with 'Live' Feedback and Tactics to improve presentations
Who Should Attend
Educators and staff who teach in SingHealth and Duke-NUS, as well as Residents looking to hone their clinical skill.