1. If you are on any of the following medication(s),
- warfarin (Coumadin)
- clopidogrel (Plavix)
- ticlopidine (Ticlid)
You are will be advised to stop medication before your procedure according to your doctor’s instructions. You may resume taking this medication the day after the procedure as prescribed.
2. If you are diabetic and your procedure is in the morning,
- please stop taking your diabetic medication, oral or injection, in the morning before the procedure.
- you may resume taking the medication(s) when you start eating and drinking after the procedure.
3. If you are diabetic and your procedure is in the afternoon,
- you may take your diabetic medication, oral or injection, with food in the morning on the day of procedure.
- stop taking your diabetic medication(s) when you start to fast.
- continue to take your diabetic medication(s) as soon as you start to eat or drink after the procedure.
4. If you have
- high blood pressure or heart problems, continue to take your medication(s) as prescribed.
- If you are fasting, you may take your medication(s) at 6am on the morning of the procedure with sips of water.